DHS Systems LLC's parent company is DHS Technologies LLC. Founded in 1984 under the name Deployable Hospital Systems (DHS Systems) the company initially specialized in providing quickly deployable, lightweight field hospitals. Since then, its extensive line of Deployable Rapid Assembly Shelters (or DRASH) have become the sheltering system of choice among emergency response agencies and military units around the world.
- In 1988, the first prototype DRASH Shelter was produced.
- In 1993, annual sales exceeded $1 million.
- In 1995, DRASH became the U.S. Army's Patriot Battery Command Post.
- In January 2004, DHS Systems International Ltd, then known as MilSys (UK) Ltd, was established as the company's international subsidiary, serving customers located outside of the United States.
- In July 2004, global private equity firm, the Carlyle Group, became an investor in the company.
- In 2005, the company purchased Reeves Manufacturing - now known as Reeves EMS - to expand its sales to the homeland security market.
- In 2007, DHS opened its 130,000 square foot trailer manufacturing facility in Huntsville, Alabama.
- In 2008, DHS Technologies received a $240 million contract to provide medium and large command post systems to the U.S. Army.
More about DHS Technologies